It’s finally September and kids are back to school, but that doesn’t mean the fun has to stop! Today, we’re talking about the most family-friendly restaurants on Martha’s Vineyard and what makes them perfect for bringing the kiddos to eat a delicious meal, as well as the entire extended family.
It’s About More Than the Menu
When putting together this list, we reached out to the local community, the one that dines out with the grandparents and aunts and uncles, the families that take their kids out to dinner as a special treat on the weekends, the ones that are looking not only for the best value, but also fun additions like coloring pages, small toys, and the like for their kids. Being “family-friendly” doesn’t only involve having a kid’s menu - a restaurant can be devoid of one but still have that familiar vibe and energy, one that welcomes kids and families without specifically having a kid’s menu.
Making Kids Welcome
Overall, our advice is to give the restaurant a call and ask if they accommodate kids - whether it’s a food preference or an environmental preference. If you have a newborn, a restaurant with very loud music might not be the best idea. Take a look at the menu and see if the options are things your child would like to eat!
So let’s check out this list of top ten places on Martha’s Vineyard for family friendly dining:
1. Coop de Ville: a great spot to watch the boats on Oak Bluffs Harbor, they have a $5.95 kid’s meal menu and coloring pages for your little ones!
2. Offshore Ale: what kid doesn’t want to eat peanuts and throw the shells on the ground with no parents scolding them? Offshore Ale is just the spot, with a delicious menu for all.
3. The Barn Bowl & Bistro: for tweens and teens, the Barn is the perfect family restaurant - a children’s menu is provided but their regular menu has a variety of dishes that will have your kid’s eating every bite! Plus, a game of bowling after dinner is always a fun idea.
4. Nomans: if your kid needs to run around before and after a meal, to the beat of their own drum (or live music) Noman’s is the spot!
5. Giordano’s: if your family loves traditional Italian dining, Gio’s is the place to be. Large bowls of spaghetti and red sauce, garlic bread to your heart’s content - perfect family dining.
6. Sharky’s Cantina: you can view the kid’s menu online, which is a great deal at $8.99 for kids 10 years and younger. What kid wouldn’t love a mini quesadilla with rice and beans!
7. The Wharf Pub: for those needing a spot to host family dinners, the Wharf takes reservations for larger parties and has a menu with something for everyone.
8. Linda Jean’s: needing a spot for lunch or dinner for your vegetarian kid? This is the spot, right in Oak Bluffs.
Visit Martha's Vineyard
Loving Martha's Vineyard is the easiest thing in the world to do.