Did you know that MVY.com is the perfect resource for planning your next – or first! – Vineyard vacation? It’s a one-stop tool that makes planning your trip almost as fun as taking your trip!
1. Find the Perfect Place to Stay. Whether you’re looking for a motel room, a quaint bed and breakfast, a charming inn, a boutique hotel, a cottage, a condo, a campsite, an entire house for your whole family (and pet!), or even a hostel, MVY.com’s Stay Here page makes finding the perfect place to fall asleep each night easy as counting sheep.
2. Taste the Vineyard. The Island’s unique bounty includes fish fresh from the sea, local meats, small-farm dairy, and Island-grown vegetables. Sample the best of the Vineyard at any number of restaurants easily found on our Dine Here page. No matter where you choose, one thing is certain: Come hungry.
3. Have Fun! A vacation isn’t a vacation unless you’re doing what you enjoy. And Martha’s Vineyard has something – in fact, we have a lot of things – perfect for everyone. Water sports, boating, shopping, fishing, biking, hiking, history tours, lighthouse tours, garden tours, all-Island tours, museums, spas, fitness centers, golfing, art fairs, street festivals, live theater – the list is endless! Create your perfect vacation itinerary by visiting our Play Here page and the Calendar of Events.
4. Find a Deal. Taking a vacation to Martha’s Vineyard doesn’t have to break the bank. There are numerous Hot Deals to take advantage of. Check ‘em out and get discounts at some of the best businesses on the Island. If you prefer waiting until the last minute to book your getaway, our Last Minute Lodging page is the place for you – great accommodations at great prices.
5. Use Us. MVY.com is the perfect resource for all of your vacation-planning needs. But its usefulness doesn’t end there. Use the site while you’re on-Island to find businesses you can trust, and rest assured that your vacation will be one to remember.
See you on the Vineyard!
Did you know that Martha's Vineyard was just named one of the most romantic
places in America? If you’ve been to the Island, that probably comes as no surprise. But if you haven’t ever been here, Valentine’s weekend is the perfect time to WOW your lover with a romantic getaway that goes beyond anything they’d ever expect — and here are 5 tips for a perfectly romantic Valentine’s celebration on the magical Island of Martha’s Vineyard.
1. Book the perfect room or suite! The Vineyard has an abundance of romantic places to stay, including award-winning hotels, eco-friendly boutique inns, and charming beds and breakfast. Numerous local accommodations are running Valentine Promotions that are sure to make that special person feel oh-so loved. Hob Knob will be welcoming guests with ½ a dozen roses, a split of champagne, and oysters on the half shell. They will also be offering a special Valentine’s menu for their guests. Harbor View Hotel offers a lovers package that includes a room in the main house, champagne, strawberries upon arrival, and next-day brunch. Vineyard Square Hotel greets you with a box of chocolates, a bottle of Prosecco, and a long-stem rose — all while you enjoy a luxury suite at a discounted Valentine’s rate. Guests are also invited to enjoy a Valentine’s specially priced spa service at the on-site Sea Spa Salon. The Mansion House Inn offers romantic rooms with fireplaces and views of Vineyard Sound. Valentine’s guests will enjoy a gift basket and can take advantage of in-house couple’s massage. This is just a sampling of the wonderful places to stay; be sure to check out our Stay Here page to see all options.
2. Wine and dine! Enjoying fabulous wine and a delicious meal is par for the course here on Martha’s Vineyard. In fact, it’s one of the things we do best. From our endless choices of local farm-to-table (and ocean-to-table!) restaurant offerings, you’re sure to enjoy a meal made with pride by an Island chef. Some of our romantic suggestions include Water Street at Harbor View Hotel, Le Grenier, The Grill on Main,
Lucky Hank’s, MV Chowder Company, and The Newes. Be sure to check out our Dine Here page to see all options.
3. Bouquets of love! Is Valentine’s Day ever really complete without flowers? Whether your Valentine prefers long-stem red roses or something more unique, Vineyard florists have a robust selection sure to please. Year-round flower shops that offer beautiful varieties include MV Florist and Gifts and Morrice Florist — and delightfully fresh bouquets can also be purchased at Cronig’s Market.
4. Sweets for your Sweetie! Skip the store-bought box of chocolates and say I love you with Island made-by-hand chocolates and truffles. A craft in itself, Vineyard chocolate makers have received national attention and awards for their delectable treats. Wow your Valentine with specialty made chocolates and truffles from New Moon Magick - Enchanted Chocolates, Vineyard Sweets MV , and Not Your Sugar Mamas.
5. Add a little sparkle! Make this Valentine’s Day dazzle with special one-of-a-kind jewelry from an independent Island jeweler. Find beautiful, Vineyard-designed and created necklaces, earrings, bracelets, rings, and so much more at CB Stark Jewelers, Claudia’s, Moonstone Jewelers, Sioux Eagles Designs, and Alex and Ani.
Come discover one of the most romantic places in the country! See you on the Vineyard!
Visit Martha's Vineyard
Loving Martha's Vineyard is the easiest thing in the world to do.